Travelling to Chateau de Nacqueville
Travelling to Cherbourg, France
Using fast ferries, a day trip to Cherbourg to savour the French way of life is now a
possibility. A weekend break, though, would be more relaxing and allow time to
explore the surrounding area - see Places nearby. Most of the major car hire firms operate in Cherbourg.
The crossing to Cherbourg also provides convenient access for many to Normandy, as well as to
The ferries to France operate year round, several times per day.
From England, by ferry:
- 2hrs. 15 mins. (fast ferry - catamaran) in the summer, and
- 4hrs. 15 mins. (normal ferry - ship) all year round.
Portsmouth, Hampshire (Brittany Ferries):
- 2hrs. 45 mins. (fast ferry - catamaran) in the summer, and
- 5 hrs. (normal ferry - ship) all year round.
Turn right at the exit from the ferry docks and follow the road directions,
From Guernsey, by ferry:
From Guernsey Port, Guernsey – 2hrs. 30 mins. + (depending on weather and time of year) (Condor Ferries)
by car: take
- autoroute A13 out of Paris to Caen (about 150 miles or 240 kms.), then
- RN13 from Caen to Cherbourg (about 75 miles or 120 kms.).
take the ...
- direct rail connection from Paris (Gare St. Lazare) on Metro line nos 3,
12, 13 and 14) departing every 2 hours or so and taking about 3 hours.
- the SNCF (French National Railways)
for up-to-date information, and
- the RATP , the Paris transport
authority, for travel information and maps (e.g. Paris metro map).
Travelling to the Chateau de Nacqueville
From Cherbourg (see map, right, and via link underneath, detailed map)
By car, allow 15 mins. for the 5 kms. from the town centre following the directions below
(also given on the printable map - see right):-
- Take the coast road (the D901) west.
- Follow the signs to Equeurdreville,
- then to Querqueville (on the D45),
- then to Urville-Nacqueville.
- Leaving Querqueville, on your left there will be a sign-posted lane (for
the chateau) leading to the entrance lodge.
Major car hire companies have offices in
Cherbourg - see the Links page.
For taxi companies in Cherbourg, contact the Cherbourg tourist office
Zéphir Bus runs bus services within Cherbourg. Their no. 5 bus runs at least
once every hour from Cherbourg's railway station and town centre to "La Marche" (on
the D45) in Querqueville. "La Marche" is approximately a 15-minute walk from the
Chateau's entry gate.
Up-to-date details can be obtained from the bus company or the Cherbourg tourist office via